Kelly Chapman is the Owner of mac-O-licious, a Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese business in the Los Angeles area. mac-O-licious opened on January 3rd as a Food Truck garnering attention from Corporations, Celebrities, Film Studios and local Consumers. Currently, you can find Kelly Chapman singing and serving at Farmers Markets and events all over the city. While Chapman is becoming well-known for her cheesy comfort food in a cup, she was already well known in business and entertainment circles. Let’s explore both worlds:
Firstly, Chapman is also Managing Director of Lightworld Enterprises, LLC “Diversifying the Workplaces of the World.” Prior to that, Chapman was the Director, Diversity Recruiting at Microsoft Corporation. Under Chapman’s leadership, Microsoft’s www.youatmicrosoft.com won the coveted “Webby” for Best Employment Website, and the function won the ERE award for Best Diversity Recruiting Program.
Chapman’s honors include:
- Graduate of the 2003 class of Cleveland Bridge Builders
- Honoree of Kaleidoscope Magazine and Crain’s Cleveland Business’ 40 under 40
- Diversity MBA Magazine’s Top 100 under 50 Corporate Executive and Emerging Leaders
- Uptown Professional Magazine 100 Top Executives in America
- Who’s Who in Black Cleveland
- Northeastern Ohio’s Most Influential People
- The Network Journal’s Top 25 Women in Business, and
- The Phenomenal Women Foundation
…and she won a Celebrity Chef “Women Cooking for the Arts” Award in 2007. She baked a “Cheesy Crab Surprise” which was a bowl of crab and (of course – cheese) baked in a crispy phyllo dough.
She has been a guest on “The Steve Harvey Morning Show”, “Black Enterprise Women of Power Conference”, and a Blogger for Essence Magazine. Her speaking requests include: best practices in diversity recruiting and marketing, entrepreneurship to certified MBE’s, philanthropy, and corporate career success. Her passion is helping Women and Minorities achieve in business and in Corporate America.